Wednesday, 31 October 2012

FOUR SEASONS BIRTHDAY CARD






 
 
 



Good afternoon all. I have a lovely card today for you all to peek at. This one is so out of my normal comfort zone and took me about 2 hours to make. I really struggled with the sketch I was using and also the colours, but I am quite happy with how it turned out.  I am entering this one into SU Only Challenges - Autumn/Spring  and  Just Add Ink  141 Colour Challenge. Funnily I was also entering it into a sketch challenge but silly me forgot about time differences. I also gave a similar card to my good friend Michelle for her birthday. I hope she had a great day.
 
 
 
Card Making Supplies: All items are from Stampin' Up!
Stamp Sets - Four Seasons, En Francais, Apothecary Art
Inks. - Wisteria Wonder, Crumb Cake
Cardstock and Paper- Wisteria Wonder, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Bigshot - Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder
Punches - 2 3/8' Scallop Circle, 2 1/2' Cirlcle
Other - Blender Pen, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Clear Embossing Powder, Dimensionals, Champagne Shimmer Paint, Basic Pearls, Wisteria Wonder Stampin' Write Marker, Sponge Daubers


7 comments:

  1. Like the colours
    Michelle M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, I know you love purple :)

      Delete
  2. Very nice! You've used two of my favourites - En Francais, and the Lacy Brocade embossing folder. Lovely use of our challenge colours, Karlie. Thanks for playing along at Just Add Ink this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply lovely....you really made the color and layout work well together. Sometimes it's good to stretch out of our comfort zone! Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy and I agree that it is good to get out of our own zone. Helps to get that creative mojo happening :)

      Delete
  4. Wisteria is a perfect color to match the wind-blown image! Hmmm, gets me thinking I might have to try that for some winter cards. Thanks for joining SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karlie, I love the card and the unusual "fall" colors that work perfectly together and still feels like fall. Elegant. Thanks for playing along on SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...