Tuesday, 23 October 2012

SIMPLY SCORED BOX FOR C6 CARDS - TUTORIAL

Welcome to another edition of Tuesday's Tips & Techniques.
Today after much anticipation I have the Tutorial for you to make these nifty little gift boxes that you have all been looking at on my blog of late. This one is a new one which I am also entering into this weeks Just Add Ink Challenge -  Just Add Chevrons.  So below is my finished  Gift Box for C6 size cards.
Scroll through for the free tutorial.

1. Cut 2 sheets of Cardstock to 8 1/4' x 6 1/2'. I have used Stampin' Up! Bashful Blue.
2. Score all four sides of one sheet at 1 inch mark on Simply Scored as shown in the photograph below.
This sheet of cardstock becomes the bottom of your gift box.
3. Next using the second sheet of cardstock score all four sides at 7/8' on Simply Scored. This is one indent back from 1' mark. This sheet become the top of your gift box.



4. Cut into one side of the score marks to form tabs. See photo below. Fold along all score lines.
 Then using an adhesive, I used Tombow, glue the tabs together to form your box sides


5. So now you have your completed gift box with a card inside. All that is left to do is decorate the top.

6. My Cherry Cobbler topper measures 6 ' x 4 1/4'

7. My Festival of Prints Patterned paper is 5 3/4' x 4'.

I hope you like my gift box and the free tutorial. If you found this helpful please leave a comment as I enjoy knowing that I have helped someone with their with their papercrafting. If you would like to share this with your friends please feel free to, I only ask that you include link back to my blog.

Supplies List - all product are Stampin' Up!
Stamp Sets - Friendship Preserved
Inks. -  Cherry Cobbler, Versamark
Cardstock and Paper- Bashful Blue, Cherry Cobbler, Early Expresso, Very Vanilla,  Festival of Prints Patterned Papers
Bigshot - Window Frames Collection Framelits
Other - Blender Pen, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Early Expresso Embossing Powder,  Simply Scored, Tombow, Dimensionals.

2 comments:

  1. Great gift box Karlie. I love that strip of chevron paper and the "thanks" stamp looks wonderful too. Thanks for joining us at JAI this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chevron paper is great, isn't it? Love your project, and the tutorial's great, Karlie. Thanks for playing along again with us at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...