Tuesday, 6 November 2012

USE YOUR BLENDER PEN AS AN ERASER

Good Morning Lovelies,
 
Beautiful Day for the Race that stops the Nation. Now onto more important things. Today I am going to show you how to use your blender pen as an eraser. This is such a groovy little thing to know. It has saved me oodles of time. So now onto the tutorial. 
 
Below is what you get after you complete the tutorial. You will need the following items:-
 Stamp Set- I have used Owl Occasions,  Blender Pen & piece of scrap paper
 Stampin' Write Markers - I have used Basic Black and Gumball Green
Ink Pad - I used Crumb Cake



1. Ink up your stamp in a solid colour
For the purpose of this photo I have used Basic Grey but th end image is Crumb Cake 
 
2. Here is the really cool part. Using your blender pen go over the part of the stamped image you want erased. So I dont want his eyes in gray. I have gone over them several times with the belnder pen. Each time clearing the ink from my blender pen on the scrap paper.
 
 This is what you stamp will look like once you have erased the grey ink from it.
 
3. Using you marker  colour the part of the stamp that you erased.
 I used gumball green to give my little friend green eyes.
I then used black for his pupils.


This is what my inked up stamp looks like with crumb cake for my owl,
gumball green eyes and black pupils.

 
Now do a little huff onto your image and stamp. Wallah. You have an owl with gorgeous green eyes.
 

 Futher Tips for this Technique:
*Make sure you clear ink from your blender pen each time you erase colour from the image so it is truely clear of all colour. This is particularly important when erasing a dark colour ink
* This works great for the ink you get around your rubber on sentiment stamps. This way if you press too hard when you stamp them you dont get inky edge transfer ( that so is a technical term).
 I hope you enjoyed this weeks edition of Tuesday's Tips and Techniques. If you did please leave me a comment. I love to hear/read them.


3 comments:

  1. Great idea, will try on my sentiments as i am always getting inky edges- better than baby wipes. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mam.
      See you in Card Class next Monday Night.
      Karlie :)

      Delete
  2. Great tip Karlie, I'll definitely be trying this one out! Lisa

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...