Tuesday, 12 February 2013

CREATING A SKY/CLOUDY BACKGROUND

 
Tuesday is here again so it's time for another Tip, Technique or Tutorial. Today a simple technique of how to create a sky background like in this card below.
 
 
1. Punch out a scallop circle - I used the 1 3/4' or 4.4cm Scallop Circle Punch
2. Cut the scallop circle in half
3. Using Whisper White as you base lay both halves of your scallop circle onto the white card. You need to place them at different areas of where you want your white clouds to be. Do not adhere them permanantly. I hold mine in place using a little double sided tape that I make less tacky by sticking it to my shirt/pants first - very technical I know but it works and stops the card from being ripped by your tape.
4. Place a Stampin' Write Marker -(I used Pool Party) into you Colour Spritzer Tool.  Then spritz holding the tool about 10cm about the card. This gives it a nice air brushed look instead of it being blobby - another technical term.
5. I then go a little closer with the Spritzer tool and go around my clouds again to define them a little more.
6. Remover your scallop punch outs and wallah - instant sky with clouds.
 
I hope you liked total tutorial. Please leave a comment if you found this useful. A full list of supplies used for this card is below.
 
To see more of my Sale-a-bration Creations click here.

Card Making Supplies: All items are from Stampin' Up!
Stamp Sets - Bloomin' Marvelous - Sale-a-bration (SAB) set - Bitty Butterfly Punch Co-ordinates with this stamp set
Inks. - Summer Starfruit, Pool Party, Island Indigo, Rich Razzleberry
Cardstock and Paper- Rich Razzleberry,  Island Indigo, Whisper White, Sycamore Street Design Series Papers (SAB)
Bigshot - Scallop Square Bigz Clear Die
Other - Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive, Glue Dots, Colour Spritzer Tool. You can also use the Bitty Butterfly Punch to punch out your butterflies. I used Dazzling Details to add bling to my butterflies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...